Home › Forums › Wealth › 34 in a row

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #15588
      Java
      Keymaster

      Don’t want to jinx myself.   But.  34 option trades in a row without any of them closing negative.  Meaning, 34 in a row without a loss.  Looking like 3-5 more close tomorrow to make it about 37-39.  Last loss date was June 16.  Which combined w the 15th was crappy all around.  But for the year am up 1.2 mil and think I will play it very conservative the remainder of the year so as not to screw this up.  Good pay for playing on your phone 15 min a day.

      I love sideways markets

    • #15670
      San Clemente
      Participant

      BET BET BET BET BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    • #15726
      Java
      Keymaster

      Scoreboard, opportunity zone

      • #15751
        BigBalls
        Participant

        Haha. Well done Java. I’m thinking this market is perfect for your modus operandi. And not so good for a buy and hold guy like me. I’m up a lot then down a lot, then up a lot again, then….

        My non performing loan business is throwing off cash like a high performance printing machine. That’s good of course but I’m tracking for a huge tax liability for this year. Ergo, I haven’t been selling stock to limit my capital gains bill. SpaceX didn’t turn out so good but I have  been buying more at the cheaper price to see if  I can make up some ground in the next year or so. Or maybe sell by year end to harvest some losses.

        Me at the office working my NPL portfolio and Java working his phone on a weekday morning:

         

      • #16009
        Java
        Keymaster

        Always scared those people would stiff me.  My sins got this niche.  3 bdr 2 bath houses in Corpus Christi Texas.  He lives in San Antonio. Found he can buy them for about $150,000 and rent them for $1700.  Seems to think this is a valuable adventure.

        im like man the headache of maintenance   Collections.  Taxes.  Just filter water and put in a bottle man.  So much easier.

        up to 39 in a row

         

        tax man asked me estimated options income this year.  1.4 million.  Is that crazy or what?  I bet I could buy a younger hot wife with that.

      • #16010
        Java
        Keymaster

        what about her?  I like this one.  She’s about what?  28?  25?  30?  Wonder how much she’d cost

    • #16551
      Java
      Keymaster

      We are up to 44 in a row now, last loss being June 16.

       

      That girl is becoming more of a reality by the minute.  I am going to speak her into existence just like Lamar did with his next wife.

      • #16824
        Java
        Keymaster

        47 as of this Friday 9/4

      • #17962
        Java
        Keymaster

        52 as of Friday 9/11    Been 3 months since I lost a penny on options.

         

        For a degenerate gambler day trader, bettor etc that’s a lifetime.  For those curious, each week I am making about $20-$30K depending on what prices I can get.  Gonna get more conservative as we wind down the year.  Been so good.  Don’t want to piss it away.

      • #18606
        Java
        Keymaster

        56 as of 9/18  taking much smaller risks now that I’m way ahead.  Want to make sure this year ends well

    • #19098
      BigBalls
      Participant

      I think this market has been tailor made for your investment strategy. Market Volatility favors you and the ingredients are all there, volatility  drivers:  debates over AI valuations, Fed policy shifts, and midterm elections are all working to create an implied volatility. Those factors are going to continue to make their presence felt, in my opinion.
      I pussied out and sold AI stock but I have been buying it back  on dips. I think we are going to close the year strong.

       

      • #19105
        Java
        Keymaster

        I’ve got four more expiring this Friday. but I’m about to take my first loss

        when Meta was about 650. I sold calls at 710.   it. It’s now at 750.

        so I will either buy it out and resell it at $735.  And then let that expire and do it  again.  After a month.  To $750.

        Or I’ll just say screw it. I bought Meta for $150.  And I’ll selling it for $710.  Which my tax man isn’t going to like this late in the year.  I think I have about 1.2 mil of it.

        Ao all good runs come to an end.  I have 3 others that will expire Friday without incident.  Unsure what I’m gonna do with this

      • #20212
        Java
        Keymaster

        Streak ended at 59 or so   Had to buy out Meta at $710.  Resold it for mid October at $745 and then meta fell.  So for now we are good.  The whole thing cost me $1,000.  And if it stays under $145, I’ll probably pocket a few thousand.  And Meta keeps soaring.  I have a call on Intel.  Sold when Intell was $90 or so.  It’s at $120 and Intel is $118 right now  If that hits $120 by Friday I may just let it go and sell it.  I am not a huge fan of Intel.  I have bought it on and off since 1990 or so.  And every time I buy it goes nowhere, and when I get out it soars.  This time I bought it at an average of about $30 If I can get out of a stock I am not a huge believer in anymore for $120. I should consider myself lucky.  It would give me $625,000 I could dump into NVIDIA, which I do believe in.

      • #20214
        Java
        Keymaster

        I hope wife 8 still respects me.  She may need to hang on before I can afford her.

      • #20269
        BigBalls
        Participant

        Lol. Nice winning streak ended . Just start a new streak.  I have always said that investing is like playing football, every now and then you slide late and you get your head slammed. But you get back up and keep going. Wife #8 will still be there, prenup though. 😂

      • #20275
        Java
        Keymaster

        Well ok. Pre nup.  By the time I get her I might be so old that I don’t much care.  Here.  Take it all. Just one more hummer before I go

      • #20270
        the909
        Participant

        None of my biz Java, but have you tried being single for a little while? Hopefully you aren’t jumping straight from an ex to a future ex? I’m fortunate, got lucky on the first try. So far anyway…

      • #20274
        Java
        Keymaster

        lol my life is a lot more stable than people make it out to be here.  All the jokes.  I just roll w because I’m that kind of guy.  I’ve been married twice.  And this one has a great sense of humor

      • #20281
        BigBalls
        Participant

        I don’t now if I can be as tolerant as you with the personal attacks. I would have banned someone by now.

      • #20280
        BigBalls
        Participant

        I’m over 30 years with the first wife too. Boring.

        I introduced my wife to someone the other day, “ Hey, I’d like you to meet my current wife…..”.

        Just for laughs . The look on her face was funny.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.